Hoath Village Classifieds
Place your ads here for items for sale or wanted - all free of charge to villagers. email email@example.com to get your ad listed
The Hoath Village Singers
Singing relieves stress, stimulates the brain, is very relaxing and is great fun -
so come and join us!
We enjoy group singing and good company.
Meeting Wednesday evenings 7.30 - 9.30pm, giving vent to our lungs singing pop, gospel, standards and songs from the shows. Doing our best to stay in tune while guided patiently by someone who understands music.
Great fun, great company, it really is an ideasl way to relax. Tea, coffee, biscuits, a giggle, a song, a chat...what could be better?!
Go on, give it a try.
Contact Frank on 01227 860769 or Lloyd on 01227 860770
There have been a number of reports of people failing to clean up after their dogs. To have dogs fouling the streets is unpleasant, unhygienic and unlawful. Please have some consideration for your neighbours and clean up after your dog.
Issued by Hoath Parish Council
Register your demand for broadband to make Kent quicker
Funding has been secured to transform the broadband network in Kent and Medway.
The Government, through their agency Broadband Delivery UK (BDUK), has made £9.87 million available to upgrade Kent and Medway’s broadband infrastructure in line with their targets of securing superfast broadband for 90% of properties within each county and delivering a service of at least 2mbits/s for the remaining 10%. Kent County Council has committed a further £10 million to make this project happen and it is anticipated that the network operator who wins the right to build the network will contribute the remaining funding required for this £43 million project.
To make it happen, people need to say they want it. Before broadband providers will invest in improving the network, they need evidence that this is something the people of Kent want to see.
Kent Association of Local Councils is working with Kent County Council to encourage people to register their demand for better broadband through the ‘Make Kent Quicker’ campaign.
It only takes five minutes so please:
- sign up to register your demand at www.makekentquicker.com
- encourage your neighbours to register their demand
- consider whether you can display a poster to raise awareness in your community
- contact Action with Communities in Rural Kent on 01303 813790 if you are interested in becoming a local broadband champion to encourage greater sign up in your area.
If you have no broadband access, please register at a KCC library or Gateway or contact the Kent County Council Contact Centre on 08458 247 247.
Parish Footpath Warden
Hoath has a new Footpath warden - Mr Ken Hando, who can be contacted on Ken.Hando@canterbury.gov.uk
Canterbury and District Welsh Society
Ken Hando is also Chairman of Canterbury & District Welsh Society, and is always on the lookout for new blood! You can contact Ken on the email address above or on 01227- 363334.
Hoath Village News - Road problems
If you notice a problem with the roads there are a number of ways you can report it:
check out the website www.fixmystreet.com - here you can report road repairs so that it can be reported to the relevant authority .
You can also report matters online at www.kent.gov.uk/highways or by calling 08458 247 800.
In addition, the Parish Clerk Guy Foster will take up problems which are raised at Parish Council meetings. Please email copies of any matters you report to him at firstname.lastname@example.org
Home Fire Safety Check
download this helpful brochure (in pdf format) from Kent Fire and Rescue Service or enquire about the home fire safety check programme by calling 0800 923 7000
Police Community Support Officer
We now have a PCSO - PC Jo White
If you'd like to contact our PCSO - her details are:
c/o The Canterbury Rural Neighbourhood Team
Canterbury Police Station,
01227 868252 (or phone 101)
Our PC Paul Gibson can be contacted on: